• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Considering a deuce

BigM

well i am seriously considering getting a deuce but i have little knolage of them and deisel engines...

anhow i live in Columbus ohio and i was wondering if there is any place close to get one, or were is the best place to find them...? and whats a "good" price for a deuce i see them selling on ebay for 3,500-5000 does that seam about right?

what about licencing, i dont have CDLs is that going to be a problem? how about parking it on my concreat(sp?) driveway, will it crumble ? lol

and last and i am sure not least what are some of the major/ "common problems" that are assosiated with the deuce that i need to look for?

Thanks guys, and i love the site

red devils dude

um first there are a bunch of places in ohio to get a deuce someone who lives there will list them, licencing dont need a cdl for one I in ohio I think and there arnt any real "common problems"
but there are some things that can be a pain like a Sprag Type Transfer case the one you want is easy to find look for the switch on the dash that says in-out its the Air Actuated.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Roger in london, ohio has a bunch of them. Usually 3-5 thousand. That is where I bought mine, am pretty happy with it.
Take 70 west past 270. Take the route 42 exit south off 70, about 1-2 miles, on the left hand side you will see plenty of deuces.
Not sure when he is open. Will pm you his cell #.
No CDL, mine is regesitered as a historic military vechicle. Titled as a 1 ton(LOL) 1968 M35a2 Jeep.
Dennis

Last edited:

h1crwchf

Go for it!

I just got a couple Deuces and they're fantastic! You may want to check out www.govliquidation.com they have them in that area from time to time. There is one listed now (it is a re-list from a couple of months ago) it is desert cammie, looks nice.

http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=683995&convertTo=USD

Inspect closely!

In Virginia you do not need a CDL if the vehicle is under 26000 lbs. Check with your DMV or Dept of Public Safety website. And if your driveway is the normal 4 inches thick, it should not break it up. I had three parked on my concrete driveway when I lived in FLA and never a problem.

BTW I will be selling my 1981 M35A2 WO/W in a couple of weeks if your interested. (in VA though) :?

Good luck!

red devils dude

Stretch44875 said:
Roger in london, ohio has a bunch of them. Usually 3-5 thousand. That is where I bought mine, am pretty happy with it.
Take 70 west past 270. Take the route 42 exit south off 70, about 1-2 miles, on the left hand side you will see plenty of deuces.
Not sure when he is open. Will pm you his cell #.
No CDL, mine is regesitered as a historic military vechicle. Titled as a 1 ton(LOL) 1968 M35a2 Jeep.
Dennis
I know there was a guy in ohio with a bunch of um

BigM

thats great london is like 30min from my house... :)

what years had the air loced Xfer case? or was that guy refering to the front end?

and what about prices... what should i expect to spend on one...

Elwenil

Recovry4x4 said:
You might also try Eric at www.miltrucks.com
I think he has 3 left to sell and he's in the Franklin County area.
X2, I've talked to him a few times and he is very knowledgeable and helpful with his Deuces. He emailed me 60+pics of his #3 Cargo truck that are very detailed and I believe the truck is well worth his asking price. Check with him and see if he still has it.

Opie

I'm a happy customer of Eric's (http://www.miltrucks.com/) also. He's got a "real" job, so isn't as available to show the vehicles during the week, but is pleased to talk on the phone about them. The trucks are at his parent's home and he might let you take a look at them with his dad (whose shop van has been decorating the street in front of my house since February).