• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Considering a Roll Off rear body mechanism.

rollie715

Ok, so here’s my crazy idea:
I’ve been struggling with the idea of using my LMTV for multiple uses. Camping, hauling, towing, dumping, etc.
The thought occurred to me this morning, of installing some kind of “Roll Off” mechanism like garbage dumpster trucks have. It would hydraulically tilt up and then winch whatever body on to the truck that I wanted at the time. It could be a simple flat bed or an Overland camper type rig. When I want to go camping, I could load the camper box, and then even unload it at the site to free up the truck for other activities while leaving my living module down on the ground for easy access.
Other times the hydraulics could be used as a simple dump truck or rig up the winch as a recovery system.
Seems like the best of all worlds.
What do you guys think of this crazy idea?
Rollie

Green Mountain Boys

Ok, so here’s my crazy idea:
I’ve been struggling with the idea of using my LMTV for multiple uses. Camping, hauling, towing, dumping, etc.
The thought occurred to me this morning, of installing some kind of “Roll Off” mechanism like garbage dumpster trucks have. It would hydraulically tilt up and then winch whatever body on to the truck that I wanted at the time. It could be a simple flat bed or an Overland camper type rig. When I want to go camping, I could load the camper box, and then even unload it at the site to free up the truck for other activities while leaving my living module down on the ground for easy access.
Other times the hydraulics could be used as a simple dump truck or rig up the winch as a recovery system.
Seems like the best of all worlds.
What do you guys think of this crazy idea?
Rollie
Does your truck already have the PTO installed? Or are you planning to install the hydraulics too?
If you have the PTO already on your truck do you know the pressure and flow rate that it generates?

rollie715

Does your truck already have the PTO installed? Or are you planning to install the hydraulics too?
If you have the PTO already on your truck do you know the pressure and flow rate that it generates?
Giod question, I should research that.

I haven’t bought an Lmtv yet. Just looking at all the options and dreaming about where I’m going.
Rollie

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks