• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Continental MPT 81 tires on M35A3 ?

dkconfiguration

I was wondering if anyone has any actual experience with the Continental MPT 81 in 365 80R20 (43-inch Unimog tires) mounted on a M35A3 ? Can the same CTIS wheels be used or would you need everything replaced if not going with the original Michelins?

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The stock M35A3 wheels are 20x11" MPT and fit perfectly, for those tires. IMHO, the 365 Conti MPT81 is the best tire you could possibly put on your truck.

Reactions: HDN

HDN

The stock M35A3 wheels are 20x11" MPT and fit perfectly, for those tires. IMHO, the 365 Conti MPT81 is the best tire you could possibly put on your truck.
I would've gotten the Continental MPT81s to replace my old 14.5R20 Michelin XLs. Unfortunately they were way outside of my budget, so I went with pre-loved 395/85R20 tires with 75% tread instead.

The 365/80R20 tires are a direct replacement of the 14.5R20 tires. Your CTIS will still work the same way.

dkconfiguration

I would've gotten the Continental MPT81s to replace my old 14.5R20 Michelin XLs. Unfortunately they were way outside of my budget, so I went with pre-loved 395/85R20 tires with 75% tread instead.

The 365/80R20 tires are a direct replacement of the 14.5R20 tires. Your CTIS will still work the same way.
Ok thanks, good to know. The original Michelin tires are very weathercracked all over, in the tread area, etc. They have more than half tread, hold pressure and drive great, but I would not trust it anywhere interesting worth taking, so need these Continentals.

Reactions: HDN

dkconfiguration

One more thing - The local shop is good to go on doing the tire swap, but they couldn't remember if there is an o-ring on the wheel, and if it is 1/4 inch or 5/16 inch ? Is this anything to worry about?

HDN

When I did my truck's tires, I used these o-rings:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks