• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Control Box Multifuel Heater

Roy Schmidt

Hi Guy's

i'm new here an i hope you can help me.
I have bought a Stewart Warner Southwind Multifuel Heater
Model 78385 - 10560 C.
The problem is that i only have the Heater without a control box,
so i'm looking for a wiring diagram for the control box to build one
or can anybody tell me where i can get a box.
Need i more parts to get the heater started? A fuel tank and a 24V tranfsformor already exists. I want to heat my garage with it so don't be worried abaout the transformer :) .

greetings from Germany

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to SS. Check the "resources" section for the Tech Manual, etc. Those control boxes are around - look through the Classifieds adds. Maybe somebody will see this and give you a lead. The TM will have the wire diagram too. It might take you a little while, but you will find what you need. I presume that you are using a fuel pump of some kind to the fuel source. On a vehicle, the heater usually has its own fuel pump that is also activated by the control box. Good luck

Roy Schmidt

Hi 3cavtanker,

i have a photo of the heater with a lot of numbers i hope it is helpfull.
It would be very nice to have a TM of the correct Heater. ;)

Attachments

dmetalmiki

I have a heater in my M109 also, which switches on and pumps fuel up..but the heater/igniter is missing. It has 5 wires tied up that went to it?
Any body that can point us to a used good control box would be appreciated greatly.
NSN 2540-01-194-3023 30.000 BTU.
MODEL 78385-1053-ob or 0b
Part# 19207-socn-11669898
Serial# 3,690 706015 REVb.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have some new control boxes from old M series fuel fired heater kits ( 5 ton and dueces I think). I can take some photos this weekend and post them if you like. I don't know if they are the control boxes you are looking for, but if you are interested I'll post them. I also have some (maybe all) the wiring harnesses for them.

PM me if this would help.

Storm 51

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's the photos of the control boxes I have at the house. I have others in the storage unit (it may take me awhile to find those).

PM me if this is the type you are looking for. They are from the SW 978 series of fuel fired heaters.

IMG_3523R.jpgIMG_3522R.jpgIMG_3521R.jpgIMG_3520R.jpg

Eddy

Default Control Box Multifuel Heater

Model 78385 - 10560 C.
Need i more parts to get the heater started?

greetings frame nl

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Default Control Box Multifuel Heater
Model 78385 - 10560 C.
go to here http://reomie.com/

and for history goto here
http://reomie.com/history/

they are a bit closer to you than to me.

Benalbritton

Hey Steelsoldiers crew,
Has anyone successfully built a controller for these heaters I just bought 2 m46792 multi fuel compartment heaters both have no controllers was going to use 1 to heat my airbeam 2032 tent and the other install on my boat problem is I’m not great at reading wiring diagrams I get the basic idea of how it works but to convert that in building a controller is another matter if anyone has any knowledge of what parts to use or a picture of the inside of one them I’m sure I can duplicate it from a picture or if anyone has a couple of controllers they wanna part with that would work too.
Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks