• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Converter box power supply???

Deplorable1

I'm making a 24v to 12v converter box to power civi trailers with my deuce. Does anyone have a good idea on how to power (24v obviously) the "k" pin (last pic) on the back of the deuce when I either turn on accessories switch or marker/head light switch. I don't want to come directly off of battery. I guess my direct question is more of insight. Should I power it through accessory or through stop light/service drive switch. Here's some picks.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Deplorable1

Easier to just put a bunch of diodes in series to cut the 24 to 14. But to answer your question use the hot wire going to the brake light switch.
Your idea sounds simpler but I have not seen a set-up (wire schematic, enclosure, etc.) like that to work off of. I borrowed some ideas, schematics and what-not from members posts on this site.

I should have posted a schematic for everyone to see (below).
If I tie into the brake light switch the lights will only work during brake applications (refer to schematic).

After rattling my brain I came up with a simple solution. Because the turn/brake/marker lights only work when the service lights switch is on, I will just T into the tail light wire (24v,E pin) coming from the truck and going to the middle relay, to power the converter. Nothing works anyway without those lights being on to begin with.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks