• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Converting MEP-003A trailer ??

ctfjr

My son will towing my 003 up from MD this week (we both snagged one on the recent auction). Apparently they are in as 'like new' condition you can get from a refurbished unit. He fired his up this afternoon with no issues.

My original intent was to leave it on the trailer but after thinking about it I'm going to permanently mount it behind the house. So now what to do with the trailer??? Has anyone converted one of them to a useful utility trailer? Are there any issues to be concerned about?

n1oty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I purchased my trailer and generator via separate GL auctions and waffled back and forth as to whether to stay trailer mounted or permanently ground mounted. I'm leaving it on the trailer, at least for now, in case I need the generator at my mother's house or some other family member.

I have seen a couple of postings on the internet (off-roading forums) where these M116's were converted to towable bed and storage space for camping. I'm sure other uses can easily be found. On the other hand, there are plenty of M101's floating around as well and they make a better utility trailer, IMHO.

John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks