• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cooling fan adjustment

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there any way to adjust the temp that the cooling fan engages? This one comes on at 210 deg and shuts off at 200. I used my laser heat gun to double check. And make sure the temp guage was reading right. It has a 180 thermostat in it but the temp will climb untill 210 when the fan comes on. I'd like to drop it down about 20deg.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That might work. It has a hydro clutch and mabye i could use one of those switches. Thanks!

ElkyRacer

thermostatic switch in the water crossover controls the fan. Find one that has a lower on and off temp and you are good to go. Unless its overheating as it is I wouldnt mess with it. Its at the perfect temp range for that motor.

Kyle

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
210 seems too hot for a 6.2. Most civi ones and the cucv's i've had have 180 thermos.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks