• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Correct TM for LD-465?

Bcurtman

Hey all. Before anyone lights me up for not searching first-I HAVE!
I have a LD-465 non-turbo deuce, and I want to read the engine TM. I'm going to assume that I will be told its the same as some other one, but the ones I have looked at all say turbocharged on the cover. Specifically, my ip is still all safety wired, and I want to get a little more power for the hills when joyriding. I haven't changed the filters yet, so I will do that first, but I never see over 2100 rpm's out of my truck, even on the flats, but she do smoke! I think I can stand a little more fuel. First deuce, but I've played with 5 dodge cummins trucks from 97-04 and 1 duramax, 1 power joke, and 1 old 6.5 Chevy (one of my favorites for no load mileage and drive ability). Thanks in advance for any assistance. Should get my m105 today, and bobbing is getting nearer!

hoop

I have download copy for the LDS-465-1 Trouble Shooting Manual.
Change your filters first and see what happens then bump up the fuel.

armytruck63

The smoke is the reason the turbo was added. The non-turbo M35A2 I used to own was nice and quiet, but it was slightly low on power (tired engine) and left a smoke trail in its wake. It was no louder than my dad's M37 on the highway.

DieselBob

Bcurtman, you should find almost everything you need in the following tm's that are in the resource section

TM 9-2910-226-34, PUMP, FUEL, METERING AND DISTRIBUTING, ASSEMBLY

TM 9-2815-210-34-1, TM 9-2815-210-34-2-1, TM 9-2815-210-34-2-2, ENGINE ASSEMBLY, DIESEL (MULTIFUEL): NATURALLY ASPIRATED OR TURBOCHARGED, FUEL-INJECTED, WATER-COOLED, 6-CYLINDER

I would go real easy on turning up the juice if you do not have a pyrometer. 2cents

Bcurtman

Yeah, I'll definitely go easy on the fuel, and will install a pyrometer before I move it. It definitely has more than the .150" of thread sticking out of the doubled nuts right now, and like I said, it's safety wired so I assume left the military that way. It's a white engine. Are they more prevalent as non-turbos? I have bypassed the FDC already, and really don't feel a difference in just that. I don't think I should have to go to 3rd on blacktop roads, but once the pyro is in, we'll see what it will accept. I love driving it, and yes, not too loud with the new top on and the windows up. You guys are a wealth of info- and I'm a sponge.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks