• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Couple of air line questions / Secondary tank

Reworked LMTV

Hi Guys,
Been a while since I have been active on here. Heat in the south was too much to work on truck much.

Couple of air line questions. What type of valve is pictured here on the secondary tank ? Is it the 2 way check valve or the inversion valve? Looks like it vents excess pressure. There is a 1/4" line at the top. Does this feed the air over hydraulic manifold? I pulled on the line and it was not attached to anything. Obviously went somewhere lol

Thanks!

Attachments

coachgeo

Hi Guys,
Been a while since I have been active on here. Heat in the south was too much to work on truck much.

Couple of air line questions. What type of valve is pictured here on the secondary tank ? Is it the 2 way check valve or the inversion valve? Looks like it vents excess pressure. There is a 1/4" line at the top. Does this feed the air over hydraulic manifold? I pulled on the line and it was not attached to anything. Obviously went somewhere lol

Thanks!
think an airline schematic has been posted while you were away. I'll see if I can find it

Ronmar

Hi Guys,

Thanks!
The one off the secondary tank is a 2way check with that remote control valve in your pic attached. It uses park air to control air supply to the manifold and AOP. Keeps someone from raising the cab once the park brakes are released.

The 2way it is attached to provides pri or sec air. The larger line comes from park air to control output on the smaller line to the AOP valve on the hydro manifold.

I just did a video on Youtube removing that valve and the 2way as my AOP is long gone… I didn’t cover that valve in the other brake video Geopen linked to above.

Reworked LMTV

The one off the secondary tank is a 2way check with that remote control valve in your pic attached. It uses park air to control air supply to the manifold and AOP. Keeps someone from raising the cab once the park brakes are released.

The 2way it is attached to provides pri or sec air. The larger line comes from park air to control output on the smaller line to the AOP valve on the hydro manifold.

I just did a video on Youtube removing that valve and the 2way as my AOP is long gone… I didn’t cover that valve in the other brake video Geopen linked to above.
My AOP is gone too. Too many issues. Do you have a link to your video?

Reworked LMTV

I have all of the electrical/air/hydraulic schematics in a separate PDF. I thought I had downloaded them here? I know I did on one of the LMTV FB groups. I’ll try to get them up here also
Great! Appreciate your efforts for the LMTV community. I don't use FB, since they sell your data to players, including China.

Reworked LMTV

When you removed the valving, what did you do with the large air line. Did you plug it or cap and its other end?

Ronmar

When you removed the valving, what did you do with the large air line. Did you plug it or cap and its other end?
You would have to do that yes as it would deliver park air to that line when you released the park brakes. In my case I had already removed that line when I deleted the front gladhands.

That line runs up to behind the drivers side grill to the output of the top 2way check valve. There is a pressure sw there that controls the park and emergency dash lights. I think it Ts off right after that switch…

Ronmar

Something I have noticed since I removed these valves is that my truck is holding air really well now. I havn’t run it in nearly a week and it is still setting over 90PSI as of this morning… I suspect this valve was leaking air back into the park air line…

Reworked LMTV

Something I have noticed since I removed these valves is that my truck is holding air really well now. I havn’t run it in nearly a week and it is still setting over 90PSI as of this morning… I suspect this valve was leaking air back into the park air line…
Interesting. Yeah, only as strong as the weakest link I guess.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks