• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cowl Vent Gutter

thmpr

Need information on repairing a rusted and leaking cowl vent gutter on my M152. is this gutter a press fit to the cowl and removable or is it welded to the cowl? Even if it were press fit, it is probably rusted in place. Has anyone repaired their gutter in place? Fiberglass? Is a NOS or re-pop available? Pretty sure this is a common problem.
Glenn, Phoenix, AZ

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea my drain ridge has some holes but I do not even have the hose hooked up. I do not plan on driving it in the rain but my soft top will always be off and windshield down so I can not worry about water in the cab at that point. I was going to try and used some of the two part epoxy putty. Press a little from one side of the metal ridge and a little on the other side of the sheet metal and press the two together. Good luck and let me know if you find something that might work better.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks