• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crate pickup out of Eglin AFB in Pensacola

FloridaAKM

I have one crate of tent parts @ the GL site @ Eglin that needs to be picked up in the next week or so & either held for pickup or arrange to be delivered some where close to Gainesville, FL by someone passing thru this way. If anybody can help me with this, I am willing to reimburse them for their time & expenses! PM me here! Thanks!

FloridaAKM

Well after filling out all the security paperwork & faxing it to base security, I got nowhere with the people there in charge. So I called GL & asked them what was the deal with recovery; they were nice enough to explain the process & told me to come visit & pickup my crate. So early Thursday morning, its off to Eglin AFB. If anybody has anything small that needs to come back this way, let me know!

FloridaAKM

The trip last week was delayed due to trailer axle bearing problems. I did get a notice of loss of auction results, but beat the deadline. This Thursday came complete with base pass, repaired bearings & everything needed for the trip. It drizzled & was overcast the entire trip over to Elgin AFB. At the base, you could hear the activity, even if you are deaf, but the low clouds shut down all pictures, unless you like a gray screen with rain drops on it! The return trip home was marred with a destroyed tire, due to the construction debris on SR85 on the way to I-10. A great trip, non the less with the 820# crate of stuff home! Now to get it off the trailer..............:shock:

FloridaAKM

I have not looked thru it yet as it is still strapped to the trailer & got home after darkthirty. It is supposed to be tent liners for MGPT's, but will find out this weekend after unloading it. A fellow member here wanted them, but didn't want the associated trip, I just low bid for grins & won them! :shock:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks