• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crew Cab, single rear Axle M35A2s.... Who has built one? Who makes GOOD ones?

SlowRoller

In the market for a new toy that is actually FUN AND USEFUL. Seen a couple different ones. One, from Midwest looked very nice... What's the average price range on these if you want a nice sorted out, property done one?

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try C & C in Unionville Indiana...they do quality work. You might put an ad in "wanted vehicles". There was a partly completed one (crew cab) that would have been a great start ....sold.

SlowRoller

Try C & C in Unionville Indiana...they do quality work. You might put an ad in "wanted vehicles". There was a partly completed one (crew cab) that would have been a great start ....sold.
Thanks. As far as C+C, I’ve heard very mixed reviews... How is Midwest?

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All of the vendors want retail prices....which about 99% of the time is too rich for my blood. I have never done business with Midwest. I enjoy the build and working out problems, so paying someone to do it is not in my budget. I see prices well into the 20's for what you describe.

A 5 ton would be another possibility...have you considered them?

Last edited:

SlowRoller

All of the vendors want retail prices....which about 99% of the time is too rich for my blood. I have never done business with Midwest. I enjoy the build and working out problems, so paying someone to do it is not in my budget. I see prices well into the 20's for what you describe.

A 5 ton would be another possibility...have you considered them?
Thanks. I had a 5 ton many moons ago. To much hassle for me. Everything is bigger/more expensive, and with newer trucks more complex.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I understand the size issue...that's why I'm working on an M35A3. I like the Cat and have learned a lot about the tranny...... but still the slow speed is my nemesis. If I hit the lottery, I'll change gears AND put air lockers in both ends. The 50/50 split brake made the A3 my choice to modify.

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To my memory every thread I've seen on an extended cab has been done by that OP. If you want to hire someone to do it, I'd expect it'd cost at least $10k, and probably closer to $20k.

Grummanflyer

C&C in Unionville, IN was where I saw the first one. It was listed on Ebay and I think it was 69K for a complete restored model. Clinton and Jay know their business. They will tell you on their website that they are not the cheapest but they really are good in my opinion. I bought my M35A2 bobber from them about a year ago and it's awesome. Had a couple little issues after I got it home and they sent the parts out right away. I don't believe they are building any right now because they are pretty busy but it doesn't hurt to call and ask.

GF

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks