• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS Cold weather operation

Skyhawk13205

I am up in Alaska, I been having trouble with my truck CTIS system draining all the tyres after shutdown.

I did some troubleshooting and all the wheel valves stay open, after the CTIS ecu does a pressure check. I can go through and manually close them and they stay closed. My CTIS works well in temps above 20 deg.

It is pretty cold about 0 deg tonight. I have been running the eco hubs so the hubs don’t get really hot.

I looked though the operators manual and it makes mention of a CTIS off switch operation during cold weather operation until wheels are up to temp

26BB173F-0B2C-4880-A8CA-4C7868949005.jpeg
I have used CTIS on/off switch, but all it seems to do is turn on the indicator and does not deactivate the ECU. It looks like the switch is jumpered per the wiring diagram. See line 501/502

00EE9BAA-DF67-47AC-96C6-40FE7BDED875.jpeg
What is the purpose of this switch? Does it jumper a program pin that is not listed in the wiring diagram? Am I missing something? I would like the ability to deactivate my CTIS per the engineered intention vs disconnecting the ECU.
Thanks.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In cold weather you have to manually vent the wheel valves or they can leak and not hold pressure - remove the screws from the wheel valve covers.

If the valves are in good condition they generally work down to below 0 degrees. But old diaphragms may be adversely affected at higher temps due to old rubber and poor sealing.

Skyhawk13205

In cold weather you have to manually vent the wheel valves or they can leak and not hold pressure - remove the screws from the wheel valve covers.

If the valves are in good condition they generally work down to below 0 degrees. But old diaphragms may be adversely affected at higher temps due to old rubber and poor sealing.
Thanks for the info, I opened up my wheel valves and they have some corrosion, I think they are leaking across the diaphragm. When I take the vent screws out to manual shut the valves I do hear air ecasping. I ordered some rebuild kits from colt, hopefully they fix my issue and I can use my CTIS below 20deg.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks