• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS help

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since it does not have a shutdown sequence and it is secured by simply disconnecting the source power, I would find that highly unlikely. An unplug or shutoff from the main switch, does the exact same thing…
I was also warned by a 20 year motorpool veteran that you need to throw the disconnect switch anytime you are connecting or disconnecting the CTIS controller or for that matter any of the other computers (transmission, etc). If the pins don't all make contact simultaneously you run the risk of incomplete circuits and floating grounds which I have personally seen floating grounds blow the legs off electrolytic capacitors when they experience a reverse polarity. We all like to think of electricity as flowing water (electron movement) but that is a misconception and the current is actually carried by the electric fields and they don't always play by logical rules that match the flowing water analogy.

Disconnecting the battery from the circuit is the safest option.

Last edited:

Ronmar

Actually looking back in the spicer manual there is a caution against controller disconnects, so I stand corrected.

In the case of this CTIS troubleshooting, securing the main sw will serve the same purpose. If it secures the tire deflate, the controller is most likely providing the signal that is causing the excessive deflate…

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks