• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ctis issues

mark robin

I have a 1078 and when I'm up and going the Ctis box starts to click and lights start blinking if I push one of the buttons it stops making noise for awhile but starts shortly after when I go to shut down the air starts to come out by the frame rail kinda by the fuel tank making a squealing noise until it runs low on air any idea what's going on ?funnything is that it seams that ctis works at times because it will air down and overspead light will come on if your going to fast I hope somebody has maybe run across this before

Last edited:

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pull the pcu take it apart clean it check the solenoid coils to make sure they are good. Put it all back together the way it came apart.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Clean the pressure protective valve on the right side of the air tank by the ctis pressure switch. Service or upgrade your air dryer.

coachgeo

thank you supermen is there a schematic that would show me what valve looks like also pressure switch any idea cost on upgrading dryer?
search will answer most these questions.... including on how to get ahold of Will AKA suprman for a price on dryers if he still has them.

birdslinger

Any updates on fixing this issue Mark?

Mine started acting up and all three issues started at the same time.....
1. CTIS highway light flashes constantly even on long trips. It expels air 5 seconds on, 5 seconds off
2. When you shut the truck down, the front and rear CTIS valves start expelling air. It happens right when you kill the truck. Sometimes they stay open until the tires are flat, sometimes close within 20-30 seconds. When you crank the truck back up the tires fill right back up to highway level.
3. The air pressure relief valve for the main system now sounds like a screeching firecracker instead of a loud hiss.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Fill all your tires up with the truck off. Take off the banjo bolt and put plastic bag scrunched down over the banjo/hose end. Rubber band down right. If the bag expands you have air leaking thru your wheel valves and they need to be replaced. Check this first and then we can go from there.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any updates on fixing this issue Mark?

Mine started acting up and all three issues started at the same time.....
1. CTIS highway light flashes constantly even on long trips. It expels air 5 seconds on, 5 seconds off
2. When you shut the truck down, the front and rear CTIS valves start expelling air. It happens right when you kill the truck. Sometimes they stay open until the tires are flat, sometimes close within 20-30 seconds. When you crank the truck back up the tires fill right back up to highway level.
3. The air pressure relief valve for the main system now sounds like a screeching firecracker instead of a loud hiss.
See post #3 above. Been there, done that on Coffey's truck and it fixed his. Sounds like your deflate solenoid is sticking, as in dirty.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks