• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS leaking at wheel valve

ke5eua

CTIS started leaking at what I can only assume is a check valve at the wheel.

Attached is a picture of what is leaking. I've tried taking a screwdriver to it and no matter what direction I go with it, it doesn't stop.

Can I just remove this piece and block it off? Looking at the other 5 wheels two of them don't have this piece.

I did search but didn't see anything related to this part. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Last edited:

charlesmann

if you remove that, it will deflate your tire till you install a schrader valve in the stem. I did away with all my ctis stuff on my l/fmtv wheels. Several of my wheels had the pictured fitting, then the rest had a fitting with no adjustment thingy. You may just have a piece of trash preventing it from closing fully. Might not hurt, if you are gonna keep your ctis, to take it off and sock it in a mild detergent to loosen up the gunk inside, or simply bang it on something and hope the trash dislodges and it reseats for you.