• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS truck-side ECU connector

aleigh

So I've started the CTIS odyssey on my new truck. Previous owner had it disconnected. So I hooked up the ECU, 5 flashlight lights. I am everyone is really shocked by this outcome. But this is not why I am writing, lots of good threads about troubleshooting CTIS.

When I plugged the ECU in I realized that the bayonet barrel (the knurled barrel that locks the plug into the ECU) is missing. Or I presume missing because otherwise I see no way to lock the plug in. Meanwhile, the key barrel (the one with the ridges that prevents you from plugging it in the wrong way) is no longer glued to the connector so I can pull it off (or rotate it any which way!)

Luckily mil spec so the plug and jack are both well labelled. For reference the thick key bar lines up with the A-pin, at least on my truck. I want to repair the connector and have some experience in general with milspec connectors, but I wonder if someone can send me in the right direction (eg what plug series is this, etc). If someone has or could take a photo of a proper plug so I can see & compare the locking barrel that would be super helpful.

I'll look around the cab - maybe it fell off at some point and is rattling around somewhere, but I doubt I am that lucky. Has anyone else run into this issue?

aleigh

suprman, well if it came to that I think I could just pull the pins out of the connector shell on the donor harness and move the shell over to replace my broken one. There are only like - I don't know - a million pins but probably still faster/easier than replacing the harness.

aleigh

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks