• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv 1009 window going off track

ChadCUCV1009

The both passenger and driver side window have an issue. The passenger side rolls up sometimes very quickly or won respond/slowly respond to the electrical switch on the drivers side. Drivers window will eith not roll down all the way, will not roll down at all, begin to slowly move down as it’s being driven without a command. What’s the issue here? Do I need to replace both motors?

Barrman

Since no M1009 came from the factory with power windows. Several questions:

Did someone just swap in the mechanisms or entire doors?

Have you ever lubricated the rollers inside the doors?

How are they wired into the stock fuse panel?

If entire doors were swapped and the wiring looks decent then your problem is probably the switches. Stock GM power windows ran the power to the motors through the switches. They get old and corrode raising resistance and slow down the windows. LMC has a switch bypass relay kit that will make them move like an upside down guillotine.

Assuming everything else in the system is correct of course.

nyoffroad

Since no M1009 came from the factory with power windows. Several questions:

Did someone just swap in the mechanisms or entire doors?

Have you ever lubricated the rollers inside the doors?

How are they wired into the stock fuse panel?

If entire doors were swapped and the wiring looks decent then your problem is probably the switches. Stock GM power windows ran the power to the motors through the switches. They get old and corrode raising resistance and slow down the windows. LMC has a switch bypass relay kit that will make them move like an upside down guillotine.

Assuming everything else in the system is correct of course.
All the above and the motors have a very small electrical contact area, it will need to be cleaned too. No sure who makes it but I've used a spray silicon lube that dries and leaves the rubber and felt dry yet slippery, think I bought it at wally world. It's made for camper windows. Clean and regrease the rollers and tracks, do all that and the windows should work, but remember this is old school and wont move nearly as fast as modern windows.

ChadCUCV1009

All the above and the motors have a very small electrical contact area, it will need to be cleaned too. No sure who makes it but I've used a spray silicon lube that dries and leaves the rubber and felt dry yet slippery, think I bought it at wally world. It's made for camper windows. Clean and regrease the rollers and tracks, do all that and the windows should work, but remember this is old school and wont move nearly as fast as modern windows.
Well I took it to an automotive shop where I know them. First they loved it and said it was the cleanest build they had seen. 2nd he said the electric windows were added after. He said the channels and felts looked good and that more than likely it’s the motor or switch or both. Where would I order the motor and switch from?

Barrman

As I wrote in my reply a few post up. The switches degrade over time and the best thing to do is add one of these kits:

nyoffroad

Well I took it to an automotive shop where I know them. First they loved it and said it was the cleanest build they had seen. 2nd he said the electric windows were added after. He said the channels and felts looked good and that more than likely it’s the motor or switch or both. Where would I order the motor and switch from?
LMC has just about everything, they aren't the cheapest but then again you do get what you pay for.