• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV axle details needed

cszy67

OK fellas - I figured I would sign up and ask the experts for some wisdom. I live in Yorktown, VA just up the road from the surplus sales at Norfolk.

I would like detailed info regarding the various axles available for the 5/4-ton trucks. What I am looking to purchase would be

* GM 14-bolt rear w/4.56s & Detroit
* Dana 60 front w/4.56s

Surfing the govliquidation.com site all I see are part numbers for axles. I guess I am asking you guys what part numbers I should be looking for.

PS - My Jeep will be paid off in six months...I just may see a full CUCV in my future. :)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They don't always list the right numbers and sometimes use a represtative photo. If you're that close I stronly suggest going to look at the lots before bidding. The last sale with 60F axles each brought around $1700. Not really a tremendous bargain unless you were prepared to buy brand new anyway. The rears are much more reasonable.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
There are no more Dana 60 fronts from what I have seen at that location. Just some GM 10 bolt front and rears for the blazer. I got a kick out of the average $50 selling price of the GM10 bolt rears after they lied about them being 5/4ton axles.