• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Batteries, 6TLs, source for blemishes

Somemedic

I currently am running some Autobone/Wallymarts that are were the biggere batts (750 cca). The block heater died last week and I found out how well the GPs are working w/o help. I had to shoot the the air cleaner with ether. So with that Im guessing new Wellmans (2.5yrs old) and a couple of real batts. Who is a source for dekka blemished 6TLs? Or anyone who isnt interstate? I hear interstate aint worth the prices. Need maybe a chicago/ NWI/ distributor?

JohnFire

RE: 6 tl

Optima is one brand of gel cells. To me they are good but they aren't cheap. I paid $490 total for two optima yellow top group 31's. 1125 CA and 900 CCA. gel cells can be mounted in any position. I have had other optima's that were killed a few hundred times over a couple years while I was overseas and the truck was in the US and the batteries still lasted 6-7 years. I just got a M1028 and replaced the batteries with two blemish batteries from the local junk yard. Cost me $70 total for the 2 batteries. The truck starts great. It sat for the past 2 months in the snow cold till dad got around to starting it. Fired right up while I couldn't start my M1009 out here in Missouri when it got to 3 degrees out. I think part of it was the glow relay which I just got a heavy duty one from O'Reilys that is to be recommended as the replacement relay.

Somemedic

Looks like sprucemtsurplus.com has them for $80 dry plus shipping. I could handle that. Optimas are super but with an IP rebuild in the future $500 is steep for batts. Contacted Deka and their midwest sales guru stated that they dont have 6TL's with blemishes. Right. Group 31's is something I will look around for though. Maybe the NAPA guys know...

Somemedic

Went with the yellow/gold edition batts from autozone (4blocks away from house). 1000ca down to 32 degrees and then its 850cca below freezing. Top and side terminals too. 3yr no bs replacement for $157 american dollars. Napa doesnt stock anything that big and Wal-eyworld's bigger batts dont have top and side terminals anymore.

Jersey4x4

I stock the 6TL batteries and they are not too badly priced. I sell them for $165 wet or dry it is hard to get blems from East Penn because of the quality control. Exide also makes the 6TL but the Exit batteries are junk and dont hold up. Same with the Optimas they dont like the large Amp Draw of the GP system

Michael

The NAPA here in rural Mississippi has group 31 in both post and screw top. Sams wholesale has them to. I think there is more than one kind of NAPA store. The one here is a locally owned and been here forever.

ptg530C

I have been running autozone truck batts for 6 years. They freeze every year, no doubt have sulfides but work great until it drops under 30. Then I jump them and they work great till I let it sit for over 1 week at 20 degrees. How much does it cost to ship batteries?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks