• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV CDR Hose replacement

rsl0311usmc

I have a 1984 cucv and I recently ordered a new cdr to put on the truck as preventive maintenance. I discovered the other day that one of the lines that leads to the drivers side intake manifold port has the rubber hose busted.
The rubber fittings (2) one on each side look like they are 3/4 inch and bent slightly more than 90 degrees.

Well with that said one of mine is gone so I am looking to replace those 90 degree rubber fittings and the main one the cdr plugs into that is even crazier and has three openings were the cdr plugs into and the two lines.
Now I rigged up the drivers side for the time being trying not to crimp it to bad by making up my own hose but it was a royal pain in the a** and it's slightly crimped.

Does anyone have a source for these three fittings or extra ones in good shape or a way to reroute it easier for future replacement? Also I was wondering if I could delete it but I heard that's a very bad idea?

Barrman

When they built the last 6.2, they built the last set of those fittings. So, any you find will be over 30 years old. Keep that in mind when looking.

The 6.5 engine got the press into the valve cover CDR. That is a much better set up for us looking to keep an old engine running. You will need a valve cover and CDR to swap over.

rsl0311usmc

When they built the last 6.2, they built the last set of those fittings. So, any you find will be over 30 years old. Keep that in mind when looking.

The 6.5 engine got the press into the valve cover CDR. That is a much better set up for us looking to keep an old engine running. You will need a valve cover and CDR to swap over.
OK I didn't realize that but I was in a salvage yard yesterday and saw plenty of 6.5s still intact. So literally just take the valve cover and cdr from the 6.5?

adf5565

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you swap to the 6.5 CDR you'll still have to do a little custom work as normally the 6.5 CDR hose is tapped into the intake before the turbocharger (rather than the intake manifold like the 6.2). I believe this would only involve routing the hose (1" if i recall) from the 6.5 CDR (after the 6.5 valve cover has been installed) to one of the 6.2 intake manifold ports (potentially would need a reducer/small hose to attach to the port) and then block the other. And then blocking the vent on the oil fill tube.

However that would involve removing your current intake manifold and injector lines in order to swap the valve cover so could be a decent amount of work. I am actually selling my 6.2 CDR setup (CDR, bracket, hose to oil fill tube, rubber piece under the CDR, and CDR tubes) as I've switched to a 6.5. I also have the 2 rubber intake manifold fittings that I could throw in as well.

rsl0311usmc

If you swap to the 6.5 CDR you'll still have to do a little custom work as normally the 6.5 CDR hose is tapped into the intake before the turbocharger (rather than the intake manifold like the 6.2). I believe this would only involve routing the hose (1" if i recall) from the 6.5 CDR (after the 6.5 valve cover has been installed) to one of the 6.2 intake manifold ports (potentially would need a reducer/small hose to attach to the port) and then block the other. And then blocking the vent on the oil fill tube.

However that would involve removing your current intake manifold and injector lines in order to swap the valve cover so could be a decent amount of work. I am actually selling my 6.2 CDR setup (CDR, bracket, hose to oil fill tube, rubber piece under the CDR, and CDR tubes) as I've switched to a 6.5. I also have the 2 rubber intake manifold fittings that I could throw in as well.
I got a guy somewhat local to me sending me some stuff. But to be honest I wouldn't mind having even more extra parts so I am definitely interested. If you want to send me a message I guess that's the best way to see what you want for the stuff? I appreciate it

Barrman

The non turbo valve cover mounted CDR just has a single hose that goes to the intake. Exactly like the 6.2 unit. But, just a single hose to one side under the air filter.

Not trying to sell you on a bunch of work. If you can get good 6.2 parts. That is the easiest route to go.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The non turbo valve cover mounted CDR just has a single hose that goes to the intake. Exactly like the 6.2 unit. But, just a single hose to one side under the air filter.

Not trying to sell you on a bunch of work. If you can get good 6.2 parts. That is the easiest route to go.
I believe he may have the split intake manifold which requires two hoses from the CDR . One hose hits the intake throat on the same side as the valve and the other snakes around and hits the throat on the driver's side. The 6.5 intakes are open-plane and therefore only needs one hose.

I'm confident John McConnel at Hillbilly Wizard will have those two hoses. If he doesn't, I have the ones off my M1028 which were left over after I swapped my split intake for an open-plane back in 2010. PM me for John's email address.

rsl0311usmc

I appreciate all the info from everyone. Yeah I have talked to John at hillbilly wizard before and he is awesome and super helpful. He helped me out with my starter issue recently. I called them the other day but they are out of the shop at SEMA this weekend. I will definitely give him a call tomorrow. I know the parts are not listed on his site but like everyone is saying I am sure he has it. Thanks everyone

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks