• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Door Locks

sneekyeye

Check your local auto parts store. They may have one in stock for an 84 K30. Mine did, and it was only about twenty bucks for it at the time. It was not a matching key, but it worked fine for my need

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you want it to work with your old everybody-has-one CUCV key the lock should come apart easy enough. Take the old one apart and keep track of the wafers and where they came from. Swap the wafers in the new lock around or leave one or two out; you should be able to make it work.

nyoffroad

If you want it to work with your old everybody-has-one CUCV key the lock should come apart easy enough. Take the old one apart and keep track of the wafers and where they came from. Swap the wafers in the new lock around or leave one or two out; you should be able to make it work.
Or he can just dump all the pins and springs out of the cyl. and any key that physically fits in the lock will turn the cylinder. I don't know why anyone would want that but I'm just the messenger.

LT67

When my door lock cylinders failed, I replaced the cylinder locks with
new ones for a chevy k-30. Now Instead of everyone who owns a cucv being able to borrow my vehicle, now they have to ask my permission.
Oh I did have the ignition keys changed for that very reason.. I just wanted to keep the door locks cucv specific

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or he can just dump all the pins and springs out of the cyl. and any key that physically fits in the lock will turn the cylinder. I don't know why anyone would want that but I'm just the messenger.
That's allegedly an old private investigator trick for fast getaways- the ignition cylinder turns without any key whatsoever. You don’t want to be fumbling with keys (especially chevy one-way keys) when an angry husband is only a few yard behind. Jump in and GO! And really, who is ever going to check to see if the ignition turns without a key?

79Vette

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's allegedly an old private investigator trick for fast getaways- the ignition cylinder turns without any key whatsoever. You don’t want to be fumbling with keys (especially chevy one-way keys) when an angry husband is only a few yard behind. Jump in and GO! And really, who is ever going to check to see if the ignition turns without a key?

Lol "Wait to Start"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks