• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV II Clone/New here

NortheastNick

B82BBB8A-8549-467D-BC77-61671A8E3B09.jpegHello all, first time posting here. Been watching the forums for a long time and finally decided to make an account and introduce myself and my project. From up in New Hampshire, have a friend who got me to go to the Weare rally when I was a good bit younger and that cemented my love of this stuff. Bought my first truck a couple years ago and have been in the process of resurrecting it and turning it into a CUCV II clone through the second half of my time in high school. 2000 3500 with the 4L80 and 350 in it, lots of rust repair with help from Evil Dr. Porkchop in the form of a bed I was given a great deal on. Hoping to be ready for this year’s event in Weare. Regards, Nick
DB59A34D-EED7-41D9-908B-6EC1BF652D2B.jpeg
53AB9A1B-E586-4ECB-9FEB-A64DF02767E4.jpeg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking real good. I'm in the CUCVII clone club too with a 2000 former AT&T 4x4 3500 with 6.5. Porkchop has or had the impossible to find grille guard, ask him about it . . .

NortheastNick

Hey, both former telecom trucks! My rig came from Verizon in one of its several previous lives. I actually grabbed measurements off that specific brush guard when I was up there grabbing that bed. Was and still am on a shoestring budget with this thing unfortunately. Depending on how life goes, I may reach back out about it though. Not looking forwards to doing the fab work to make my own. Can have either time, money, or none of the above, right? CC2BB646-D76E-4174-AECF-CA6964543EA7.jpeg

CenterMass762

Hey, both former telecom trucks! My rig came from Verizon in one of its several previous lives. I actually grabbed measurements off that specific brush guard when I was up there grabbing that bed. Was and still am on a shoestring budget with this thing unfortunately. Depending on how life goes, I may reach back out about it though. Not looking forwards to doing the fab work to make my own. Can have either time, money, or none of the above, right? View attachment 890005
Your project is looking good, but I think you're supposed to take the old bed off before you put the new one on. :mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks