• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV M1009 Replacement seats

Mike_Pop

Well, I've added a much better seat to my M1009. A few years ago, I found a guy on ebay who refurbishes trucks. He gets them new and guts them which gives him a lot of extra seats. He then sells them on ebay for a really good price. I've bought three pairs of these seats and installed them in my Unimog, Mitsubishi, and M1009. They are cloth seats with air lumbar support and dual arm rests. Very comfy and not too difficult to install. You do have to make some modifications though. I was able to use the existing slide track but had to build a 1" angle iron frame to support the seat.

For a link to the seller:
http://stores.ebay.com/Truck-and-RV-Supply_Freightliner-Truck-Seats_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ12QQftidZ2QQtZkm[/url]

Attachments

Mike_Pop

The console hides all my junk food for my cross country trips. I just did 7500 miles in my M1009 and after half of it in the plastic seat, it was time for a change!

My back thanks me.

JohnFire

As soon as I get back from my trip I am getting some!! I have burned my rear off way too many times. It's my daily driver and it can hurt in the summer.

papercu

covers

Also you could buy some cloth seat covers and dye to your needs or you could check your local junk... I mean salvage yard, mine has Blazer buckets for around 100.00 each. Wayne