• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Pickup new member

Starlight

Hello All, New to the site. Just bought a M1008 CUCV Pickup. Love it. Just put in new batteries and runs great. Can you help me find a few things here in Florida. Need Olive drab duck canvas for seats. Need Antenna mounts. Would like to see pictures of anyone with a desert tan paint job if out there. We will puting this together for our cabin in Nova Scotia. Thanks , Capt. T

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Starlight, welcome to the site. Glad to have you here. Can't help much with the CUCV stuff but a guy up the road has a few if you wanted to look in on them. I'm out in Loxahatchee.

Starlight

Thanks to all for the feedback. Enjoying the truck and will be painting in a desert tan. Didn't see any like that. Will post pics when done. Still surprised how well she runs and how little rust. Just one spot the size of a quarter. I would like to get some antenna mounts too if possible. I have the 24v jump cables for this rig if anyone's looking for a set. I don't see using them in Nova Scotia. thanks again,T

Starlight

don't have a clue what it's worth. I'd love to trade it for what I need. Need antenna mounts, Shakle and pin and something else that's slipped my mind. I'm in West Palm. I have a feeling shipping would not be cheap, it's got some weight to it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shipping no problem, I'm 10 minutes west of WPB. I think I do have some shackels and pins for the CUCV. Need to see what else I have left.

Starlight

So, you're the guy in Loxahatchee. Meg my wife is there all the time "repairing" horses. Hope we can work something out. If I had two or more of these vehicles they would be nice to keep but don't see that happening for a bit. Love to see what you have one of these days, T. Does anyone know where to purchase military olive drab fire extinquisher ? Thanks again,T

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guess thats me! I'll dig around and see what I have for the CUCV. Pretty sure I have at least 2 front shackles and pins. Can't think of anything CUCV left other than that. Door is always open if you want to have a looksee at my junk. Next week is very bad though, new baby coming Tuesday.

Starlight

Hello again to all. Here's what I have and here's what I need. Please excuse me if there's a swap section here that I'm not aware of. I have the slave jumper cord in perfect condition. Don't think I'm going to need it so it's up for trade. Here's what I need, 1 bumber shackle, jack set that comes with this truck for tire change and antenna mounts for side of truck. thank you, Capt.T

aboonski

Hello from West Melbourne Florida. A good source for the antenna mounts is a person located in Hesperia California - I think his business name is Military Surplus Parts but he goes by another name on Ebay. He gets $50.00 per kit and that is the complete kit with the brush guard and a lot of stuff you will not need or use on the M1008A1. I found the information in my wallet and it is Walker Auto/Truck Wrecking in Hesperia, phone 760-244-8060. He can take your credit card number over the phone and will mail out what you order the same day. I have been buying from him for several years now. He has all sorts of CUCV items and tons of M35 stuff. If you buy things on Ebay, he's about the only person who sells things from Hesperia California. Al Broadbent

Attachments

Starlight

Looks like I'm all squared away. Found shackle and other other missing items that I needed. Slave cable is still for sale if anyone needs it . Thanks for all the help, Capt.T

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks