• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Replacement Seats or Seat Covers???

MuddWeiser

The front buckets in my CUCV are getting pretty trashed, the back rests are in good shape but the seat pads are starting to crack and the foam is starting to get torn up...

Does anyone make a nice kit or replacement seat???

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you want original replacements, or original-looking, try a local auto upholstery place. They might be able to recover your existing seats for less than the cost of new seats.

If you just want them covered, JC Whitney sells a bunch of different types of seat covers that won't be a perfect fit, but will cover the nasty seats you have.

MILRET45

I've used the LMC covers on a M1008 bench seat and was very satisfied with the match and quality. Cover was a bit loose on the driver side due to the condition of the underlying foam which I did not replace.

Attachments

gt1009

Mine has the seats from a civvy junkyard truck, and some seat covers that look like the ones from a 88 up C/K Truck, seem to be working pretty well

MuddWeiser

What color did you choose for the LMC covers??? I like those covers and would like to try them on my Bucket seats in the 1009 but don't want to end up with something the WRONG COLOR.

Also - Do you know which model # that cover is? I looked on LMC but their catalog is kind of confusing - I got 11 pages of results and it looks like the best choice would be the covers on the first page of the results, but is that the same cover you purchased?

I believe they called the color RED but I always considered it Maroon???

MILRET45

As far as the M1008 covers I used LMC part number 38-2292-LL as having the closest match on style. The color, as has been stated, is in their catalog as Red and is not a perfect color match for the Maroon used in the trucks from the factory. Not good for a perfect restoration but close.

Michael

I put junkyard seats from a 1988 blazer in my 1986 M1009. It is just like the ones that comes in a 86 but has a different base with different mounting holes from the older trucks. I don't know when the civi trucks changed to the new style, so be careful what you buy. Since you have seats, I would try a local auto upholstery place like madDawg said. They could make it look like new and probably for less.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks