• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Shackles $?

randyman

Does anyone know where to get a set of shackles/lifting rings and pins for a CUCV or
how much they usually cost. I don't need the mounting brackets-just the shackles and
pins. Thanks.

jj

Colemans in Millersburg,PA had some gavanized shackles with 1" dia. cotter key secured bolt and nut pins. They are NOT the correct shackles and DO require some grinding to fit the square tube mounts. But they do work. And they were only $6 if memory serves. Colemans does ship i believe.

86M10086.2L

They didn't have any there when I bought my truck. And none of the "parts trucks" in the back lot had any to take off. And they wouldn't let me take them off the running M1009 or the M1008 they were selling. Don't think there were more than two anyway. You see them on E-Bay once in a while but can go for $50 or more a set. I bought two that are slightly different but load rated the same from grainger. @$25-30 a piece. Not cheap but better than nothing.

tacoma

If I remember right, those ones at Coleman don't have any load ratings on them.... which is why I didn't buy a whole mess of them when I was there last, with Spicergear. :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks