• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV snap on rocker panels

KansasBobcat

Saw these mentioned but not where you get them. Seems like a good repair for rust holes where most of the rocker is in good shape. Don't weld anymore. Want to do more than just bondo the rust like the previous owner. Advertised as rust free! I knew better but hope springs eternal...

cucvrus

Basically speaking you never need to weld on the replacement rocker panels. Just cut out and clean up the rusted area. Cut out all the rust and get inside and wire brush grind , sand what ever you need to do to get the new panel to fit snug on the lower rocker, sill area or inner if you need both. You can use urethane adhesive and 3/16" rivets to fasten the rocker over top of the OEM rocker. Use Rust reformer inside and out seal the edges with seam sealer , prime and paint. If you are trying to restore it perfect you are on your own. I did that in the past but do not get that fussy anymore. I am restiqueing at this point these are survivors and not trailer queens. To each his own. My field repairs look good and last for years. Have at it you can do the same. Easy to do and touch up as needed. My opinion on this matter. Been there and done it several times.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks