• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Switches, Diodes, Relays

edpdx

More.........

Updated with horn and flasher diodes.
Last fall I removed the steering wheel to replace the turn (directional) signal switch. When I buttoned her up the horn came on with the battery cables being connected. I didn't want to deal with it so I removed the horn relay. I have another one I built some years back as a backup. Question: after running across this thread I see that there is a diode built into the taped harness above the relay. Unless I'm confusing the horn relay for another part, isn't the diode ON the relay? Why would there be one above it in the wiring as well?

edpdx

Radio noise suppression. Cut that diode out and move on. Good Luck.
cucvrus, thanks for the response. So I have this straight before I start snipping: The diode in the harness above the relay gets spliced out and a regular horn relay (no diode) is used instead?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks