• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV's in Pensacola

Marine7599

I can't get the link to work for the closed auctions, but there were 3 M1009's on GovLiq in Pensacola, FL about a month back. Did anyone here end up with the winning bid on any one of those? I am stationed at NAS Pensacola and drive by them almost every day. Only one has been removed from the lot; two still remain. If anyone knows about them or if the owners need help with removal, etc. let me know. I will be happy to do what I can. They were good looking vehicles, but the bids were a little too rich for me. I am still on the hunt for a M1009 in the Pensacola area.

Alan

AJMBLAZER

Oh this brings back memories...[sorta off topic]

How do they look?
I was stationed there in the Spring of '98 for my tech school and a guy that I knew through a friend bought a M1009 with stupid low miles and in great shape for a great price. He put a bid in, no one bid against him, and he got it for a song...especially considering we were all Privates or PFC's in the Marines! It even had a bunch of cool radio stuff in it. We figured it was used for testing radio equipment by driving to random places on the base and transmitting as it had all kinds of base passes in it when he got to cleaning it.
[/sorta off topic]

Armada

I was stationed there in the Spring of '98 for my tech school and a guy that I knew through a friend bought a M1009 with stupid low miles and in great shape for a great price. He put a bid in, no one bid against him, and he got it for a song...especially considering we were all Privates or PFC's in the Marines! It even had a bunch of cool radio stuff in it. We figured it was used for testing radio equipment by driving to random places on the base and transmitting as it had all kinds of base passes in it when he got to cleaning it.
Ahhhhh..... The good old days...

AJMBLAZER

Yep. Still kick myself for not picking up a CUCV or five while I was in. We even got priority at the San Diego DRMO office. Knew a guy who used to buy HMMWV tires for his pickup for $5 each!

Armada

My first MV was a m1008 that I got from the DRMO at Maguire AFB in Jersey back in '93. Rust free with 32k miles on it. Had just come back from the sandbox, talcom dust everywhere. Think my bid was for $500. Drove it a couple years and sold it for $6k with 58,000 miles on it. I have a pic of it around here somewhere. I'll find it and scan it to post.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks