• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cummins in Dodge M37

Jesse19rap

I've recently come across a good deal on a 4bt-390 cummins non-turbo out of a skidster or bobcat. Unfortunately I do not know that much about the Cummins engines. Would this motor have enough power to get the truck up and down the road comfortably? My 230 is complete junk and when i pull it out I was thinking either a Cummins or 350. My uncle said he has a high performance 350 he'd give to me so free is always intriguing. If you had the means to have/put one of these two motors in the truck which would you recommend? I appreciate any and all advice.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Charles Talbert ,of M series Rebuilds has been doing the 4BT repower for years , might want to give him a call . IMHO , If I were doing the repower I would go with the Cummings .

Jesse19rap

Camo,
How difficult is it to mate the Spicer 3053 to a Cummins? Have you seen this combination done?

Rtk,
I've spoke with Charles, he is a wealth of knowledge and the truck might end up down there some day.

camoyj7

My friend is putting a 5.9 cummins in a deuce frame right now. He's using a cummins #3925223 sae#3 flywheel housing. A cummins #3935205 sae#3 flywheel and a Napa #MBI RC2077136X clutch. The 4bt and 6bt share the same flywheels and housings.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks