• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cummins water intrusion prob FIXED!!

70deuce

My M818 did indeed have a bad oil cooler. After 3 flushes with liquid Tide (coolant side) and 2 oil changes (not fun or cheap) and a 50 mile trip pulling the trailer in the pic, there is no more water and oil and the wrong places. Coolant is oil free and the dipstick shows real oil on it not some milky funk on it. What water was left in the oil system has evaporated out in the drive. Thanks for all the advice and tips everyone provided, especially Will. The rig was driven to an event east of Denver and pics will be submitted in a different post. New oil cooler, multiple oil changes and new coolant about $500. Not popping liners out, pricelless!!

Attachments

powerhouseduece

Don't mean to Hijack your thread but im looking for the cummins part #'s on the oil cooler and seal kit if there is one. I would pull it off and take it to the local Cummins dealer but they dont know the a$$ from a hole in the ground. Any info helps, thanks!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a Cummins parts manual in the TM section for the NHC. I think it is on the 1st page. It has all the Cummins part numbers, old ones, but the parts goofs SHOULD be able to supersede an old number to a new one. Some of the hard parts still have the original

p/n'shttp://old.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?module=pagesetter&type=file&func=get&tid=1&fid=file&pid=218

powerhouseduece

There is a Cummins parts manual in the TM section for the NHC. I think it is on the 1st page. It has all the Cummins part numbers, old ones, but the parts goofs SHOULD be able to supersede an old number to a new one. Some of the hard parts still have the original

p/n'shttp://old.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?module=pagesetter&type=file&func=get&tid=1&fid=file&pid=218

Thanks will, :beer: I just didn't think the part #'s would be the same. I wrote down all the #'s and am going to take a ride over right now and see what they come up with.

PS, anyone see that page 43 of that TM are upside down?