• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Curt receiver hitch for the Deuce, 18,000lb/1,800lb

nathantc409

I'll be dipped...something new to learn each and everyday. Thank you, nathantc409!!

Should have known it'd be a Milwaukee item.
they are expensive, but the first time you use one, you will never drill metal with a normal bit again. Takes about 10-15 seconds to drill a 5/8 hole in any truck frame. Use a center punch like you would a normal drill bit, and the spring loaded guid in the center will hold it there. Once thru the spring loaded guid will spit out a round piece of HOT metal, so be ready for that. USE LOTS OF CUTTING OIL. Unless you just like buying bits lol

Another Ahab

they are expensive, but the first time you use one, you will never drill metal with a normal bit again. Takes about 10-15 seconds to drill a 5/8 hole in any truck frame. Use a center punch like you would a normal drill bit, and the spring loaded guid in the center will hold it there. Once thru the spring loaded guid will spit out a round piece of HOT metal, so be ready for that. USE LOTS OF CUTTING OIL. Unless you just like buying bits lol
I was wondering about that item (thinking it was fixed), and like, "Wait. How does THAT work?!!"

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hardly any truck built today is designed to 'twist' like an M-series tactical. That is why they can handle extreme terrain with a heavy load successfully.

A friend of mine is a great heavy-truck mechanic, and he crawled all over my M54, saying "This thing is really flimsy".

I replied not so, it was designed that way to allow for lots of frame movements without snapping attachment fasteners when loaded fully and traversing horrible terrain. Things that would cause problems with the usual Pete or Ken-W.

I've seen the rears on both deuces and 5T's at almost 90 degrees to each other, still driving over things.

Even The body parts are held on with long bolts and springs, unlike road trucks. Ever wonder why the hood latches on 5-tons fit on a wide rod and not a tiny hole? I've seen the hood over 3" off center whilst off-roading.

To that end, a number of attachments are either bolted and/or riveted to frame flanges on our trucks, like spring hangers, steering stuff, cross members, and even the rear bogey assembly. Done that way on purpose, borne of many hours of research and development at proving grounds.

DG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks