• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Custom built LED Lighting for M923 Cargo area

LiqTenEXp

So this was my problem, its dark back there:

I'd prefer if it looked like this:

Some more photos of the install:

Black box contains:
2 sealed batteries (12 VDC 24 Ah each)
120 VAC charger for batteries
120 VAC input to inverter board for bypass mode to 120 VAC output
The 120 VAC has a switched output (turns lights on/off)
Has an inverter board to take the 24 VDC from the batteries and create 120 VAC when primary input 120 VAC in not available
The LEDs are driven from a driver board that takes 120 VAC (about 20 mA @ 120 VAC) in and ~80 VDC out to the LED arrays (total of 8 driver boards)
The driver boards are located in some extra space inside the black box
Box is mounted on vibration/shock mounts to keep it safe

Ran all the wiring neatly with wireloom and I think it came out great! Should run 40+ hours on battery. Great for camping hopefully.

Attachments

Last edited:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How do you take tarp and bows off of truck with wiring attached? Looks purty bright and functional for camping, but I tend to use mine for other purposes. Hope that it fulfills your needs!

God bless,
Tony

LiqTenEXp

Right now I have no plans on removing the tarp/bows. To remove them the LED assembly are on velcro so they would come off and they are connectorized right there. The harness is also connectorized at the box. I could take the bows down and take the harness down by cutting the zip ties. The box would stay and the LED assemblies could be put somewhere safe.

LiqTenEXp

We also use it for paintball, going to the shooting range, etc. It is pretty multipurpose and having the lights back there winds up being very useful.

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice use of the LEDs. Do you keep this garage kept? What happens during the winter months when its snowing do you still keep this installed with the canvas on it or do you take it apart for the season?

whiskey357

Banned
Nice job looks clean and green...I ran 24v lights couple of years back have installed a 3500 watt Honda gen in back works great for hunting anc coamping trips...My wife uses the m35 to go to trade shows....Arts and Craft shows as she likes to call it ...You have more brightnes than my old ones.....was thinking of going to leds for easy of use and power needed so what and where to you get them ??? thanks again for the information

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks