• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cut Down M923/M925 Question

marsman

All,
I have done some searching on the SS site and web but could not find an answer to my below question. Sorry if it has already been asked and if it has, can you point me in the right direction?
I have seen a lot of neat M931s and M932s with duce beds and 5ton beds cut down. Trying to find a M931 or M932 and a bed for it could be an issue and a big cost. Now to my question, how hard would it be to shorten the frame on a M923 or M925 so that it would mimic the size of the M931 or M932 with a shorted bed? I would not be bobbing but would rather keep the duel axles. I just like the "Shorty" look and it would fit into my garage much easier.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I picked up a 931 recently for peanuts, deals are out there. A deuce bed should be easy to source as well.

Granted a 923/925 would be a single purchase and just labor. FWIW, moving the tandoms isn't for the weakhearted.

marsman

I was hopping that a few feet could be removed from the bed and rear end and the shorter bed slid down. Moving axels is out for me.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I have done both.It would be easier to start with a 931,that way you dont have to shorten the frame.

marsman

Thanks for your quick response. I will be looking to buy in the spring as I need to get my garage ready aka move some junk out before I can start a new project.
:D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks