• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cuting down drop side bed for a bobbed deuce

larry77nova

has anyone ever cut down a drop side bed for a bobbed deuce . i came across a couple and i got one pretty cheep and i was asking around if any one has done this before . does any body have any pros or cons about this. how hard is it to cut down the bed . does it sit and higher than the 105 beds and would it work to make a dump bed out of it . any info on this would be much appreciated
thanks larry

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I doubt you will get many helpful answers. I don't recall this being done. Man, I hate to see a dropside bed cut!

Good luck with the project.

DavidB

A friend of mine has done one to put on an M818. He removed the last section,if I knew how to post pictures I would .The workmanship alone is something to see.I would say go for it if you have the stuff to do it.
DavidB

Last edited:

rrrr

I just cut down a drop side bed. Reference the 5 ton section. Its not hard but you need the proper tools and at least one other body to do it safely.

I removed a 3' section and welded it back so that it looks stock except shorter. I first cut the bed down the used the sides to help square and hold the bed in the proper position for welding back. I then cut the sides to match.

Attachments

larry77nova

hey are there not many drop side beds out there i know where the are a couple at. the main thing i wanted to know is do theses beds sit higher up than the 105 beds because i am do this truck for my lawn care buniess and just because i think these are so cool . i am go to start bobing mine in march i do have acess to a 105 trailer and a drop side bed . i am do a peterbuilt air ride for mounting the rear end . not sure what i am doing for wheels yet but i do want the mvt tires . so if any body has good info for me it would be very appreciated thanks for the info and this website
larry

KsM715

I've heard that dropsides do not work well as dumpers. You lose a lot of strength without the sides welded to the bed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks