• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cylinder Head Types and Problems

Kyleman93

I'm repairing my engine after I installed the fuel shutoff shaft 180 degrees off and had a "runaway" and I noticed that the heads I intend to use are different from the ones I pulled off because there isn't a relief cut between the valves. I was hoping to hear if you all have seen issues with the "flat deck" heads. For context, the set of heads I'm rebuilding are from a ld and my engine is a ldt. Sorry for the mess in the pictures, I'll get around to cleaning my garage eventually.

Using my old heads isn't feasible because of severe pitting on the deck and a cracked valve seat. I've already replaced pistons and sleeves, and balanced the rods and pistons. My bearings look fantastic so I felt comfortable reusing them.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks