• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

D60 spindle washer pn 33734, missing.

Curtisje

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just about have my M1008 back to a rolling chassis but... the previous owner must have lost or ditched the washer listed as #18 in the schematic. I cannot seem to track it down.

Does anyo e know where I can get this?

This is not the lock washer that goes in between the 2 spindle nuts. It is the tabbed washer that goes between the inner spindle nut and the bearing. #18

Screenshot_20211106-161625_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Thanks in advance and have a great weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:

Curtisje

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well. The 20 TM doesn't show this washer in the installation instructions and it looks like there may not be enough room to put it on anyway. I guess I'll follow the 20 TM and not worry about it.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well. The 20 TM doesn't show this washer in the installation instructions and it looks like there may not be enough room to put it on anyway. I guess I'll follow the 20 TM and not worry about it.
Keep in mind TMs aren't perfect...
Both parts books (-20P and -34P ) do show #18. Because it rests against the bearing cone - which is not stationary on the spindle - this washer is hardened and machined flat, to better withstand wear. Not so, the nut...
I would be surprised if there wasn't room enough for that washer in question.

sneekyeye

I can say with certainty that neither of my outer front bearings had that tabbed washer next to them them on my m1028. I can't tell you if it just wasnt on some vehicles, or if mine disappeared at some point in the past.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
I would use them as the bearing wears the hub will loosen and you will have to keep adjusting the bearings. As for the hardness of the bearing cone it is plenty hard for using alone but it will have some breakin wear plus the bearing will heat up cooking the grease. If you like to keep checking for the aformentioned then no big deal. But as soon as the grease is melted out then just a matter of time till the bearing get cooked.

Curtisje

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can say with certainty that neither of my outer front bearings had that tabbed washer next to them them on my m1028. I can't tell you if it just wasnt on some vehicles, or if mine disappeared at some point in the past.
Thank you for your observation/experience with your own truck.

I've found a lot of civi dana 60 diagrams but haven't seen the washer in them.

I'm going to reassemble as is, as instructed in the TM, without the described washer. The lock nut set is all that is required.

Thanks to everyone for your input. Problem solved.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks