• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

data plate help

Hookin1

the sticker for the hood goes under the hood,the plate for the winch on mine is located to the left of the steering wheel.along with the other plate,i can get you a pic later

jwaller

ya I was thinking that it isn't the right one either. The TM says something about a dataplate for the winch being on the pass side under the truck plate but havent seen one and I dont know if this one is right or not.

mangus580

I dont recall one there. My winch data plate is on the drivers side, all the way to the left. I also think there is one right down by the PTO handle on the hump?

jwaller

there is one on the drivers side that says on the top about the low air buzzer and the bottom it has the winch pto instructions but not the diagram. I also know about the diagram down by the lever, but I thought there was one on the dash on the right side as well. the drivers side plate comes on all dueces bc mine had it and it didnt come with the winch.

mangus580

I have never seen the other one you describe...

not all deuces have the one on the drivers side, they had plates for without winch too. Yours musta just had the winch one for some odd reason.

rice

My 86 has the winch plate beside the steering column, but has no evidence of ever having a winch.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That data plate is cute. Never seen lavender plates. There are 2 different ones for the deuce. I should say 2 different buzzer data plates. One has winch instructions, one does not. Whenever big brother was out of one they would use the other so there are lots of trucks with winch instructions and no winch. BTW, other than color, its the same as a 5 ton data plate.

Attachments

jwaller

ok so I have this one on my truck now.

and I wanna put this one on. so can I have both(just put one below the other?) or do they go in the same spot?

mangus580

I dont know why you insist on putting the incorrect 5 ton plate in your truck... that shows the incorrect shifting pattern for the winch. I just dont get it, sorry. The shift pattern data plate is down by the shifter for the winch on the deuce.

jwaller

the red plate came from saturn and I havent been able to peel off any overlay yet. I think it's really red. it's also red on the back not alum. ok. so now that I know it's the wrong one, I'll send it back but I alreay asked them for the one bj shows in his fig as #29 but they said they didnt have that one. so are there only supposed to be 2 that pertain to the winch in the cab?

if you look at this page(E3 sign guide page E6) from TM 361-10 it shows the plate on the right side that I'm trying to find and it's not the same shape as the one that has the pto and air buzzer info.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That just goes to show you that the TMs aren't always right. If anyone can come up with a pic of a winch data plate in that location, I'd like to see it. In all of my experiences they've always been below the transmission transer data and shift pattern plate. I've owned stuff as early as a 1952 and late as a 1987. Trust me and all who've stated, the correct plate goes on the extreme left of the dash.

jwaller

Recovry4x4 said:
the correct plate goes on the extreme left of the dash.
ok, thats what I was wanting to hear. thanks for the help. I knew I'd seen something about it being on the other side, glad I finally found it.