• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Data plate on 151A1 1967 jeep (odd)

Baron3-6

That's the Department of Defense acceptance stamp. They started using that in place of the Ordnance Corps stamps in the mid-1950's. Look at stock markings for M-1 Rifles....one's from from WWII will have the old Ordnance Emblem and the ones from the 50's have that symbol stamped into the stock.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Speaking of the acceptance stamp; does anyone have a source for for one of the acceptance punches to accurately update a repro plate?

Baron3-6

How to stamp DOD stamps - AR15.Com Archive

Someone has done some inking with one. I got into the MV hobby via the reenactor/collector hobby since before I had a driver's license; from my experience there I will tell you that a repro stamper like that makes nightmares for collectors. More than one person out there has a Nazi Eagle stamper and has gone wild "authenticating" every thing from Swedish tent pegs to Swiss shovels. Sometimes they even stamp stuff that is original but wasn't marked.... What does that do? Well it makes it really a pain in the butt for someone to tell whats real, and it turns something seen as a mark of originality into a red flag.

On the repro data plate for my M37 my wife stamped her initials as the inspector.....only fitting:p.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks