• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DATA plates??

jasonjc

Ok here is my ? Can i use viny for the data plates? Will it look ok? If I went to a show would they kick me out? I know they make the common one's in repo. I need them for my fire truck. I don't want to have to make silk screens. :?

Jason,
Are you going to enter as a factory fresh or museum-quality restoration? If not, then no one should be looking that close at your data plates or care too much.
The only time we kick people out of shows where I come from is when, uh, um, . . . oh, yeah: stupidly excessive alcohol consumption. Actually then, we still don't kick them out. They'd probably be driving and we don't want that, either.

JDToumanian

Do you have the old ones? My V-18 has a lot of data plates that are unavailable, and the ones I have are in poor shape. I am going to restore the ones I have. I was planning to use paint stripper to get all the old black paint off, then lightly spray them and very carefully remove the paint from the raised areas... using a rag over my finger dipped in thinner, or maybe sandpaper if necessary. I'm convinced I can make them look good as new.

Jon

jasonjc

I think most if not all of mine are paint. Just a flat plate with the black silk screen on.? If anyone know more please let me know more.