• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Davey/Ingersoll Rand Air Compressor

SkipR

JMJINC: Just a quick note; Don't bother with the drawing of the lifting bail as I just got done spending two days designing and building one. SkipR Nebraska............

Scott3398

After a lot of research I came up with the oil > Mobil Rarus 427 Air Compressor Oil < I bought it a Amazon and it was threw SOZO and that included the shipping. Should take about 3 1/2 quarts according to the manual. 04/15/2017
Hi
I just bought one of those 7MC2A compressors and was wondering if you have a manual for the unit or if you contacted someone that had one . I am looking for a copy if available somewhere or if you have a copy i would pay to have the pages copied.
Thanks
Scott Wheeler

Guyfang

Staff member
I have a bunch of TM's for air compressors. If you post a NSN, proper model number or part number from the data plate, from the unit, I will look.

Scott3398

I have a bunch of TM's for air compressors. If you post a NSN, proper model number or part number from the data plate, from the unit, I will look.
Thanks for responding
The model # 7MC-2A
NSN# 4310-01-370-6351
Trailer part # 86290-1
Contract # F09603-93-C-0116

Crazyguyla

I have a Harris Equipment air compressor. The actual air compressor is a Joy 2stage rotary vane compressor: 210 CFM @ 110psi. I had to travel to Ft Leonard Wood and visit the Engineer School historian. To copy the manuals for the compressor, I had to provide my own paper and do all the work. This was back in 2006. If one needs a manual no longer in print, I would email the historian first and see if they can help, each branch has a historian that keeps track of all manuals for their Branch's perticular equipment.

Guyfang

Staff member
Wont help to write to the Ft. Lost in the woods. Its an Air Force piece of equipment. The Army did not use it and hasnt any of the TM, according to a Master Tech. in Ground Power section of F.L.W. All I have in my stuff is Army equipment.

Scott3398

Wont help to write to the Ft. Lost in the woods. Its an Air Force piece of equipment. The Army did not use it and hasnt any of the TM, according to a Master Tech. in Ground Power section of F.L.W. All I have in my stuff is Arm
Wont help to write to the Ft. Lost in the woods. Its an Air Force piece of equipment. The Army did not use it and hasnt any of the TM, according to a Master Tech. in Ground Power section of F.L.W. All I have in my stuff is Army equipment.
I found a manual , its TO 34Y1-87-71, engine TO 38G1-111-3. I found it on a website called Bargainmarge , its on a disk for $35.00 plus shipping. I just looked at it and all pages seem clear and readable.

tobyS

Mine is not military but I'm quite happy with my 5 hp single stage Ingersol rand with 60 gal upright tank. I usually install a two stage IR in jails with pneumatic locks, but they sent a single stage. I kept it and ordered them a two stage. I didn't think I would like it but with the setting at 120psi it has nearly twice the cfm as the two stage.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks