• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dealer in Alabama

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have any of you folks dealt with Ted's Trucks in Midland City Al? I've spent countless hours emailing back and forth with Ted over the years and he's a really nice guy. I got on the horn with him yesterday and bought 10 wheel cylinder rebuild kits from him. NAPA #45 were $11.95, special order + UPS charges. Ted's were $4 ea. We were talking and the whole thing with GL came up. Seems lots of dealers have been hurt by this, Ted has not. He says other than HEMTTs (he bought the one at Selfridge) he won't need another truck from GL for 5 years or so. He estimates that he still has 300 trucks in stock and about half need very little to be serviced and saleable. If anyone is in the SE and wants to buy a runner, see Ted and let him know I sent you. One day soon I'm going to make it a point of stopping in and spending a day looking around. He told me that If I wanted to check out his inventory, I better pack a lunch.

Email tedhils@cyber-south.com
Phone (334)983-1092
http://www.stores.ebay.com/tedstrucksnstuff

grey_ghost_03

Yes, I purchased my m3a4 smoke generator from him. Great deal !! We spent around 4 hours looking around. We only looked in one lot, it had everything from tents,trailers,trucks and generators. If it's GREEN he has it or can get it....
He also has good taste in yard ornaments. A military helicopter mounted right out front of his house. Man wish I could talk my wife into that. HA

ida34

grey_ghost_03 said:
A military helicopter mounted right out front of his house. Man wish I could talk my wife into that. HA
Just put it in the yard and tell her it crashed there. :twisted:

rmgill

Bought my M813A1 from Ted. It was good to go except for a bit of plastic that'd been floating around in the fuel tank. Really hard to miss unless you suck it up the fuel intake and then pull that out with the plastic in it. Otherwise the truck was a good runner. Dave Schaeffer has it now. If there's anything of an issue with it, Joe can probably say more.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks