• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dearborn adapter woes

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I havent messed with it yet. I use a dearborn ive had for years. I used to use an old cat et clone that worked fine it just fell apart one day. If you have a c7 truck and can’t connect you have to select canbus in the settings.

Ronmar

What COM port is the USB to serial adapter set to? Does it show up properly in windows device manager?
Yep, you should be able to see it come and go in device manager when you plug it in and unplug it, and what com port it is calling itself, so you can select that com port in the app if necessary.

Wingnut13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That was the plan for this old laptop. Just to live in the truck and diagnose issues.

COM port 3, yes I can see it in the device manager.

I’ll have some time tomorrow or Sunday to mess around with it some more.

Canadianz

I have had similar issues with getting a laptop to talk to an ecu using a USB-serial adapter, and in that case what solved it was this:
On your laptop go to control panel, then devices, then select the usb to serial adapter and look at the info that is displayed. It will often tell you what the chipset is that it uses, and you can search the net for drivers for that specific chip. Manually install them, and see if that fixes it. It did for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks