• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Decon Kits

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK gang, I'm about to let you guys in on one of my somewhat secret sources. First have any of you seen the decon kits that fit in the Jerry Can mount? I have one that I bought. It has a 3 gallon heavy plastic jug with a hose, hand pump, wand and brush all in a convenient box. It doesn't emit a continous stream but when you expand the pump a stream of water comes out. They are great as a wash for muddy windshields and muddy passengers although they aren't as easy to use on oneself. The link I'm about to post is for one of these and there is a pic. This guy has an Ebay store and has lots of buy it now stuff for sale. Lot of it is junk, but lots of other good stuff. He's a good source for the Armor dome lights like Dieselsmoke and myself use. I think he has a scrap contract and that's how he gets this stuff. Bjorn knows about this guy but most of his stuff in his ebay store doesn't come up on searches. Tell me what you guys think!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Decontamination...Z6570262353QQcategoryZ588QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Armada

The lights are easy to mount. Wish I would have put one in a long time ago. I just mounted one to my dash. All you need is a power lead, it grounds itself. I'm getting some pics developed today of my 'restoration in progress', and I believe I have a pic of the light. I'll post it later.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The decon kits are cool and way overbuilt. As far as the dome light, it fits beautifully between the bars on a soft top. If you put it there it needs a ground wire fed to it. The other wire on mine is direct to the batteries. It's a priceless addition and was mucho necessary on the Aberdeen trip in May. Just run the wires across the bar and down the passenger side and it can go right to the batteries.

Armada

I tee'd my light into the #10 wire going to the circuit breaker on the firewall near where the steering column comes out. #10 is a constant elec. supply.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a different decon setup. I've seen that mount before but don't have details on it.

Armada

Not to get away from the topic, but here's a poor pic (went to a new place for developing) showing the armor light on the dash. I have it turned on. I used nylon spacers to keep it about 1/8 in. off the dash. I'll get some of just the light next time.

Attachments

Mike_L

Fender Mount

The mount on the fender looks like the setup for the M8 Chemical Alarm. The alarm was usually mounted outside the vehicle as it "sniffed" the air and detected nerve agaents. Like the rifle mounts, there were different variations for each vehicle, but the basic mount was the same.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks