• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Decon stuff

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Were these supposed to stay on the vehicle? Are they only mounting platforms or…?

And is anyone familiar with this antenna base?
Third picture - base with what looks like a ring of magnets - looks like it could be a non-factory mounting plate for a Convoy Light. Just guessing, but I wouldn't think (maybe I shouldn't?) that an antenna would be mounted that high and on a magnetic base.

I think the DeCon apparatus wasn't important enough to remove. I have two trucks with the same hardware hanging off the back - minus that "magnetic looking pole" on the right back of your truck.

INFChief

Third picture - base with what looks like a ring of magnets - looks like it could be a non-factory mounting plate for a Convoy Light. Just guessing, but I wouldn't think (maybe I shouldn't?) that an antenna would be mounted that high and on a magnetic base.

I think the DeCon apparatus wasn't important enough to remove. I have two trucks with the same hardware hanging off the back - minus that "magnetic looking pole" on the right back of your truck.
I included a picture of the “mast” to that magnetic thingy picture. It indicates some sort of communication gizmo. There is a computer mount in the cab…?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I included a picture of the “mast” to that magnetic thingy picture. It indicates some sort of communication gizmo. There is a computer mount in the cab…?
Yes on one truck. Not the other and one has a group of 6 holes drilled in the right side of the cab where a BIG antenna would have been on my truck with the empty comm rack in the back behind the seat.

INFChief

Yes on one truck. Not the other and one has a group of 6 holes drilled in the right side of the cab where a BIG antenna would have been on my truck with the empty comm rack in the back behind the seat.
I’ve got the commo rack between the seats too. This had 2 antenna base mounts bolted to the upper rear cab corners. One base is with the truck - the other mount / base is gone.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor

It's for satellite tracking system

Ronmar

Yea, that was an old style antenna base for a data radio/terminal and tracking system. If you google the name on the antenna mount you can see the current version they manufacture. The old style used that mag base and an antenna array, the new style is a dome. Basically 1 or 2 rigs in a group would have these as C&C vehicles.

As mentioned that is the mounting place for the decon kit, basically a 5gal jerry can with cleaning fluid.

INFChief

Its where you mount the decon stuff. Its not there. Bottom right pic is your abs module. You can take the antenna mag mount bracket off if you want.
Thanks; I hadn’t quite located the ABS module yet. Somewhere I read it was by the cab hydraulic manual pump. Was beginning to scratch my head.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks