• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Detroit Diesel 6-71 Pic, Factory Turbo and Super Charged

74M35A2

Just thought I would throw up a pic of a 6-71 Detroit I have in storage. It is a 1982, and came factory with both a turbocharger and supercharger. Much like a lot of the V-8 Detroit Diesels did also, it was more rare of a 6 cylinder to have the same setup. Has a 7 speed spicer bolted to it. This one even has a factory A/C compressor on it. Runs perfect. She's ready for her next assignment. I'm thinking M35A2 or rat rod wrecker. This one is rated at 300hp. Range from Detroit is 165hp-450hp, and up to 485hp aftermarket (bypass type blower) The Detroit's can be made to run reverse rotation, and even be assembled switched end-to-end. Long live the 2 stroke diesel:

671TA.jpg

Last edited:

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks a little long for an M35, might be a better fit in a 5 ton. Has the intake on the right hand side like an M52/54.

74M35A2

It is a knarly design. It has crankcase oil and the oiling system is same as any 4 stroke engine. But, it has ported cylinders for intake and exhaust valves in the head. The blower is required to push the fresh air in which pushes the exhaust out. Has 3 rocker arms per cylinder, the center on fires the fuel injector. Camshaft rotates at 1:1 ratio.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks