• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce brake rebuild

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I am in the process of putting together the parts to re-do the brakes on my deuce and wanted to know which fluid you guys would use (&why) if you were rebuilding/replacing all cylinders, lines, airpack?

Any thoughts?

JohnnyReb

I am with Joel on this one....Know that we use the DOT 5 (at least I have following advice on the forum); however, can changes made during the brake rebuild allow you to use other fluids? Thanks JR

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The systems don't really care which fluid you use. The system really cares if you mix them. There is a TB in the TM section on flushing and changing to BFS. If you're doing a total rebuild like that you can choose whatever fluid you want. Now for me, I prefer BFS. David Doyle did an article and study a while back on the comparison of the fluids. Seems that there is less corrosion in the stuff with BFS. I'm currently doing the same thing in conjuction with the engine swap on the wrecker. You can bet that when the wrecker stops for the first time again, it will be with BFS. BFS has its own peculiaritys as does DOT3 fluid. It can be a matter preference on this one guys. I'm almost certain that cranetruck has DOT3 in his deuce.

JohnnyReb

Thanks for the info. Recovery! That question has been a source of confusion with several owners of MVs. Almost as bad as the question of Trans and Diff fluids which I finally understood as a result of experts like you.

JasonS

I am using DOT 3 which, by design, soaks up moisture. This is not a problem if you flush it out periodically.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks