• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce doesn't want to idle

JohnnyReb

:jumpin: M35A2 with 465-D does not want to idle. I have to set the manual throttle at 1000 rpms to keep it running.......Even then, if it idles very long then it dies! Otherwise, the truck has good performance..power..

Any ideas?

Thanks

ironhorsethegeneral

:idea: You might want to check your fuel filters and make sure pump in tank is performing 100%. Just a couple of ideas for you to check. Check for obvious like air cleaner, fuel filters and other misc. If all else fails you may have to adjust the injection pump. Does not sound like anything serious. Make sure your engine stop is not hung-up. Good Luck. [thumbzup]

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mabye you should try cleaning the pic up screen on the lift pump in the fuel tank. Just pull the pump and clean the screens with some carb cleaner. I'd do a fuel filter job on it too like the gen said. Try the water seperator in the primary filter, i'd be willing to bet you have some water in the fuel. The fuel quality in Houston has dropped in the last year. I'd bet GA is in the same boat. I never get more than 2000 miles from a primary filter. It started about the same time fuel prices went up. If you find water,pull the drain plug in the fuel tank and let the water out. Good luck.