• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Driving lights

AN/ARC186

They work great with my NVG's, my wife is heavily into astronomy, sometimes we'll drive out in the toolies to get away from the glow of civilization. The lights will allow me to go from place to place without messing up the sky for others who are out there with their telescopes.

Ronbo

Looks Good ! I have a coupel questions . where did ya pull the 12V from ? 1 side of the battery??
When I was in Iraq i measured the lights on an Mwrap ( the ones that look like 50 LEDs in a head light ) I think they'd fit .Has anyone tried them??
I'm also wanting to put a sterio in the deuce / Leds any suggestions? Thanks

orren

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IR light ???

I think IR = infrared?

Exactly what will these do for you. Easier night driving, or in fog, or just what?

Thanks for your help.

Orren

I bought a set of IR lights as well as 4 of the armor headlights atankersdad was selling.
Finally got around to mounting the IR's.
I was going to mount them on the bumper but figured I liked them too much to have them wiped off by a tree limb or such.
I got a set of composite light brackets, welded a bottom plate to the hoop and mounted them up this afternoon. I'm pretty happy with the results.
Once the rain quits, I'll fab up some brackets for the armor lights.
Wired up the IR's on their own on/off switch and am going to install a separate dimmer switch for them.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
These lights are former APC lights. Retains the military flavor yet provides and extra set of lights. The come in clear and infra red. I use to have a bunch that I sold. Now ATANKERSDAD has them for sale.

They're easy to took up and have a hi and low beam. I seem to recall seeing a DOT ink stamp in yellow on them.

I plan to have 2 clear on top of the bumper and an IR one in the bumper on my truck.

Plus a backup light or two and possibly alley lights on each side. Also thought of getting a wood handle and making a spot light (yes I know the ground is in the mounting bolt). A lot of possibilities with these MILSPEC lights.
Guys I ran out of lights tonight. I want to thank everyone who bought them from me. I wish I had another case or 2. One good thing was I got to talk and pm with a lot of people who i would have never spoke with. This is a great site with a good bunch of guys. Dudley

usmc320

They work great with my NVG's, my wife is heavily into astronomy, sometimes we'll drive out in the toolies to get away from the glow of civilization. The lights will allow me to go from place to place without messing up the sky for others who are out there with their telescopes.

You may be the only person in the civilian world to come up with a legitimate use for the IRs on these vehicles. haha

plym49

The IR lights are a great idea and can be useful in additional situations, like for night videos of wildlife. I wonder if having them would run afoul of the police in states where you are not permitted to display a red light to the front of a vehicle.

steelandcanvas

The IR lights are a great idea and can be useful in additional situations, like for night videos of wildlife. I wonder if having them would run afoul of the police in states where you are not permitted to display a red light to the front of a vehicle.
I don't believe you can see the red light they produce, all you'd see is a red lens, and I don't think that's illegal.

bmx590

I did something to fix my night time driving problems. Picked um a MRAP lighting kit. The search lights above the turn signal move so can be high or low beam haha uploadfromtaptalk1452956322340.jpguploadfromtaptalk1452956339058.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks